Back to jobs listings
Senior Manager, Global Corporate Technologies (Remote)
Other - Paris - Full-time
At Getaround, we’re building a global platform to enable a future where all cars are shared. There are more than 1 billion cars in the world, and these cars are parked, on average, more than 95% of the time. With instant and keyless carsharing via our patented hardware and software platform and our industry-leading mobile apps, we’re helping communities around the world share these underutilized resources to reduce their vehicle footprint while increasing mobility solutions.
Your job responsibilities include overseeing our technical operations infrastructure, managing and growing a global team of IT employees and professionals, while ensuring the stability and integrity of our corporate technology systems for our remote first culture and employees around the globe.
You will have the opportunity to strategically build high-impact corporate technology policies and IT systems, ensuring they support our business, employees, and growth strategies.
The ideal candidate has a solid technical background with the ability to go deep if needed, while also maintaining a strategic vision. They are an experienced manager or prior technology consultant, who can lead a team to accomplish goals, clearly communicate with individual team members and departments, and set clear expectations for stakeholders.
What you'll be doing...
- Lead Getaround’s corporate technology strategy and IT systems at a global scale
- Responsible for the effective management of IT infrastructure, and employee service desk for our teams in both North America and Europe
- Establish efficient team processes, drive communications best practices, and proactively identify and develop improvements to team operations and methodology
- Create and own organizational technology strategy and goals, IT Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), and operating procedures
- Work with management and technology peers to identify and implement continuous process improvement opportunities within IT
- Direct Getaround's mobile device management (MDM) program and recommend strategies and/or hardware/software enhancements to increase employee productivity
- Supervise work of reporting personnel and contractors to ensure adherence to policies and procedures; assign work to reporting personnel as appropriate
- Coach and counsel reporting personnel both in group and one-on-one settings to build morale and improve performance
- Ensure technological processes and services comply with all requirements, laws, and regulations
- Assist in the development and maintenance of Access/Identity Management and Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans
What you'll need...
- Minimum of 5 years with proven experience in IT or Corporate Technology as a manager or similar role
- 4-year college degree in either computer science, information technology, engineering, or relevant and documented experience following any non-technical 4-year college degree
- Ability to analyze, implement and evaluate IT systems and their specifications
- Strong technical knowledge in hardware, software, and networking
- Experience running a Freshservice IT-ticketing support instance for internal employees
- Ability to teach and mentor across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills across multiple levels and functions
- Documented experience working as an administrator in G Suite
- Jamf Associate certification (100 level)
- Accumulated knowledge through hands-on participation across multiple phases of the service design life-cycle, desirable examples include: Business Analysis, IT Project Management, Systems Architecture, Systems Design, IT Infrastructure Planning & Design, Software Development, QA Testing, Database Administration, Business Intelligence, IT Security Management, and ITIL delivery.
- Proven experience as an IT manager or similar role in a global capacity
- Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
- Security Certifications (CISSP,CISM,CISA etc)
- Any Google Cloud certifications are a plus
- Knowledge of various compliance audits and security certifications (GDPR, ISO 27K, PCI, CISA, TISAX, etc.) highly desired
- French language (not required)
Getaround is a fast-growing startup with European HQ in the centre of Paris. We offer one of the most dynamic and diverse company cultures in town, and give every employee the opportunity to grow and chart their own course at Getaround.