Back to jobs listings
Full-Stack Engineer, Marketplace Tribe
Software Engineering - Paris - Full-time
We believe in a world where all cars are shared. Carsharing empowers people to get going in a smarter, easier way, while also having a positive impact on the environment and making cities more liveable. It’s this vision that propels us forward and inspires us to think even bigger.
Since April 2019, Drivy is now part of Getaround. Together, we’re the world's leading carsharing platform with a community of more than 5 million users sharing over 11,000 connected cars across 7 countries.
Our team is collaborative, positive, curious, and engaged. We think fast, work smart, laugh often, and are looking for like-minded people to join us in our mission to disrupt car ownership and make cities better.
- We work closely together in Tribes and squads on the full lifecycle of a feature. That helps us scale and ensure everyone has an impact across team boundaries, so solid communication and imagination are a daily part of the development process.
- The main focus of the Marketplace tribe is to acquire and grow a high-quality supply and demand and make them match.
You will work on:
- The whole funnel of our owners from the revenue simulator to the Connect installation flow and up to the day-to-day management of their cars and revenues. We have different typologies of owners including professional ones needing fleet management tools and APIs.
- The whole funnel of our drivers, from the landing screen to the booking one. This includes growth subjects like SEO and CRM but also search experience and booking. You’ll build new product features from start to finish: through conception, research, documentation, maintenance, and polish.
You will review code from your peers, use and contribute to our in-house design-system and collaborate as a team on product vision and software design decisions.
We're looking for a full-stack engineer but we believe some people have more solid skills in frontend and others in backend. For this specific role, we will favor profiles with a stronger backend experience.
Who you'll be working with:
- You’ll work with 2 full-stackengineers, a product manager but also mobile developers, product data analysts and product designers. You will report to Louis.
What you will bring to the team:
- Getaround handles thousands of rentals a day and making a non-virtual experience frictionless is a big challenge. For that, we're looking for rigorous people with a strong product mindset that relish creating highly reliable software in a collaborative and inclusive environment.
What skills we are looking for:
- 3+ years of experience
- Shipped and maintained code in production
- Solid knowledge of at least one backend language. Ruby is a plus.
- Experience with a relational database such as PostgreSQL or MySQLMeticulous mindset but you also understand that software engineering is about making trade-offs, balancing business and technical needs
- Good communication skills, comfortable working in a team and can easily work with non-technical colleagues
- Comfortable with the English language (written and spoken)
Our Tech Stack:
- Ruby on Rails 5.2 (we’re working on Rails 6) with Ruby 2.6
- TypeScript & React with Webpack, Yarn, Babel
- Continuous integration with Docker and CircleCI to push to production multiple times a day
- MySQL, Redis, Snowflake
- A strong internal design system
- Monitoring dashboards built with New Relic and the TIG stack (Telegraf, Influxdb, Grafana)
What we offer:
- A solid engineering team with a lot of experience
- Flexible remote policy and access to very pleasant offices in the center of Paris.
- The peace of mind of a large test suite and pull requests to stay sane and ship often
- Getting to learn from your peers and to share your knowledge on the blog and in our internal presentations every two weeks
- A ticket to one technical conference of your choice each year
- Open source projects are being extracted from the codebase when appropriate
- Tickets restaurants, a good health insurance
- "Hack days" to experiment with new technologies and ideas as well as other team events
Linkedin, Twitter and Github usernames are appreciated! Don't hesitate to give our backend challenge a try.