We’re the world's leading carsharing platform, with millions of users around the world, sharing thousands of cars in over 950 cities across 8 countries.
Our mission is simple: Make our cities better places to live through carsharing.
Carsharing empowers people to move in a smarter and more sustainable way: studies show that one shared car replaces between 4 and 10 privately owned cars, which frees up space in our cities while giving communities 24/7 access to cars when they need them.
With our connected car technology, users can quickly and easily book and unlock a wide variety of vehicles directly from our app, without ever having to meet anyone in person, carry an access card, wait in line, or coordinate picking up keys.
To reach our vision of a world where all cars are shared, we need a strong team to help us disrupt car ownership. We look for people who are curious, positive, and engaged; who can adapt and learn quickly; who have the skills and smarts to reach their goals autonomously, while having the generosity and mindset to work collaboratively. No matter your role, background, or level of experience, we believe that every member of the team can have an impact.
We’re extremely proud to be certified a “Great Place to Work” in 2022!
- You will lead our analytics efforts on the Demand tribe, partnering with Marketing and Product teams to steer the demand side of our business. You’ll take part in acquiring, retaining and growing our customer base in 7 European markets, and understanding the dynamics in our marketplace.
What you’ll work on
- End-to-end analytics initiatives: Directly contribute or coach analysts on cross functional analytics initiatives end-to-end, from framing the problem, exploring data, building pipelines (dbt), developing data apps or dashboards and sharing recommendations to cross functional stakeholders, including senior management.
- Data modeling: Own processing pipelines (dbt) and be responsible for the quality of our data models, test coverage and documentation.
- BI: Develop BI and self service capabilities for our Marketing and Product teams.
- Data Analytics best practices: Structure processes and best practices to make sure your team works in a fast and reliable manner.
- Foundations: contribute to the broader data team roadmap by suggesting, leading or collaborating on initiatives to improve our stack, strengthen our data foundations, and develop data usage and literacy in the company.
- Vision: use strong business sense to understand where data analysts can add more value in our Marketing and Product teams and advocate for new data initiatives.
- Example of projects your team will work on:
- Analyse supply and demand liquidity on the platform to inform our acquisition and pricing strategies
- Understand how our different acquisition channels contribute to our long term growth
- Build and implement a new user segmentation in our CRM scenarios to increase repeat on the platform
- Leverage product analytics and AB testing to optimise conversion funnels
- Our stack:
- Snowflake data warehouse, ELT managed with Airflow and dbt, our own Segment-like integrations, BI/visualization tools such as Redash and Tableau, Python or R notebooks in Hex.
Who you'll be working with
- Directly manage a team of 2 data analysts
- Reporting to Guillemette our Head of Data
- day to day collaboration with our Marketing (growth, CRM, communication, SEO managers) and Product teams (product managers, designers)
- Strong collaboration with other data folks. The team currently has 15 persons.
What you’ll bring to the table
- 5+ years of experience in Data/BI roles in a tech environment, working closely with product or marketing organizations. Experience with tracking, ab testing or attribution modeling is a very strong plus.
- A prior experience in mentoring other data analysts
- Technical skills:
- - Experience with writing SQL queries, joining large datasets from multiple sources
- - Experience with R, Python or other data-oriented programming languages is a strong plus
- - Experience with Modern Data Stack tools (especially dbt) and cloud technologies is a strong plus
- Keen eye for details and thoughtful investigations of data before relying upon it
- You are pragmatic and take an iterative approach to build and deliver data analytics initiatives.
- You’re a team player, have excellent communication skills, understand the value of collaboration and work well within a team
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Environmental awareness / interest in mobility: interest in car ownership environmental impact and/or mobility is a strong plus.
What we offer
- Getaround Europe is a fast-growing startup located in the center of Paris, with global headquarters in San Francisco. We offer one of the most dynamic and diverse company cultures in town, and give every employee the opportunity to grow and the power to define their impact at Getaround.
- The opportunity to have a positive impact on climate change. Cars are responsible for 17% of carbon emissions. In France, an independent study has shown that each connected car shared on Getaround replaces more than 4 self-owned cars.
- A place to learn and grow: weekly 1 on 1 meetings with your manager, frequent 360° feedback from your teammates, personal objectives to develop your potential, unlimited access to Udemy (learning platform), optional annual training, plus a team wiki that you’ll contribute to improve
- A competitive salary based on your level of experience
- An international team and company: our product is live in the US, France, Norway, Germany, the UK, Spain, Belgium and Austria. We have headquarters in San Francisco and European offices in Paris and Oslo
- A remote friendly policy: this position is based in our Paris office with up to 3 days of remote work per week. Like all our employees, you’ll get a monthly subsidy to cover part of your work-related expenses at home
- A company culture that seeks to reinforce Diversity, Equity and Inclusion thanks to a dedicated task force. A work environment where you’re empowered and can be authentic
- A Swile lunch card
- Health insurance
- The latest Apple equipment
- Unlimited vouchers for your Getaround bookings