We believe in a world where all cars are shared. Carsharing empowers people to get going in a smarter, easier way, while also having a positive impact on the environment and making cities more liveable. It’s this vision that propels us forward and inspires us to think even bigger.
Since April 2019, Drivy is part of Getaround. Together, we’re the world's leading carsharing platform with a community of more than 5 million users sharing over 11,000 connected cars across 7 countries.
Our team is collaborative, positive, curious, and engaged. We think fast, laugh often, and are looking for like-minded people to join us in our mission to disrupt car ownership and make cities better.
How we work
We work closely together in squads
on the full lifecycle of a feature. That helps us scale and ensure everyone has an impact across team boundaries, so solid communication
and imagination are a daily part of the development process.
What you will bring to the team
Getaround handles thousands of rentals a day and making a non-virtual experience frictionless is a big challenge. For that, we're looking for rigorous people with a strong product mindset who cherish creating highly reliable software in a collaborative and inclusive environment.
You will work on
- You’ll build new product features from start to finish: through conception, research, documentation, maintenance, and polish.
- You’ll work on key initiatives to keep our system elegant and productivity high.
- You’ll build and improve processes and internal tools with simplicity and productivity in mind.
- You'll gain ownership on a part of the codebase, and contribute to growing it in accordance with our standards and good practices
- You will review code from your peers.
- You will mentor more junior developers.
- You will collaborate as a team on product vision and software design decisions.
What skills we are looking for
Our Tech Stack
- Ruby on Rails 6 with Ruby 2.7
- TypeScript & React with Webpack, Yarn, Babel
- Continuous integration with Docker and CircleCI to push to production multiple times a day
- MySQL, Redis, Snowflake
- A strong internal design system
- Monitoring dashboards built with New Relic and the TIG stack (Telegraf, Influxdb, Grafana)
Why you should apply
- To work in a friendly and benevolent team, eager to teach and learn, that values successes and failures with the same humility
- Flexible remote policy and Full Remote from France accepted
- Access to very pleasant offices in the center of Paris.
- The peace of mind of a large test suite and pull requests to stay sane and ship often
- Getting to learn from your peers and to share your knowledge on the blog and in our internal presentations every two weeks
- A ticket to one technical conference of your choice each year
- Open source projects are being extracted from the codebase when appropriate
- Competitive salary, tickets restaurants, a good health insurance
- "Hack days" to experiment with new technologies and ideas as well as other team events
Linkedin, Twitter and/or Github usernames are appreciated! Don't hesitate to give our backend challenge